Last week, 1980 called - they want to have their Admin-Interface back
The current Admin-UI exists, and it's basically working. It may cover all current Features, some are solved with a seperate page (f.e. the DataImport) and when we talk about multiple Cores .. we better may stop here. So, we thought about putting on new Clothes, dye one's Hair and brush our Shoes.
We will create a solid Replacement for the current Interface, cover all given functionality and add a bunch of new Ideas.
Having a new, ajax-powered Admin-Interface means that ..
- the Pages will load quicker,
- we are able to access & also control functionality from the Dashboard (DataImport, Replication ..)
- we could drop off some of the current .jsp Files
- we use the same Servlets that People do, how have to access solr-related data from an external Interface
- there is no longer a difference between working with one or multiple Cores
Work in Progress
Introducing this Idea on the Mailinglist retrieves Feedback, stating that the way is the correct - so we are travelling alone the Road: SOLR-2399 Solr Admin Interface, reworked