Welcome to SpamAssassin
SpamAssassin is a mature, widely-deployed open source project that serves as a mail filter to identify Spam. SpamAssassin uses a variety of mechanisms including header and text analysis, Bayesian filtering, DNS blocklists, and collaborative filtering databases. SpamAssassin runs on a server, and filters spam before it reaches your mailbox. Read more about SpamAssassin.
- How to Start Using SpamAssassin: a quick guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Using Spamassassin already? Tips and Tricks and other Documentation
- Integrating Spamassassin with your Mail Transfer Agent (MTA)
- Mailing Lists and other methods of contacting us
- Testimonials - We all love SpamAssassin
- Third-Party Software for SpamAssassin (plugins, rulesets)
- Other Tricks for getting rid of spam
Want to be part of the process and contribute to the development of SpamAssassin software or SpamAssassin documentation? You to can become part of the team. Here's how:
- We love Volunteers - You can help improve SpamAssassin
- Development Information for developers and those interested in the development process
Starting Points: FAQs, List of labels used for pages in this online manual, and Information about installing.
Editing This Wiki
Help edit our Wiki - You can edit these pages! Send a brief request to the dev@ list to be given edit access to the wiki including your wiki username. No mailing list subscription required.