Confluence has been migrated and upgraded. Please file an INFRA ticket if you see any issues.
Welcome to Apache Tuscany
Apache Tuscany simplifies the task of developing SOA solutions by providing a comprehensive infrastructure for SOA development and management that is based on Service Component Architecture (SCA) standard. With SCA as it's foundation, Tuscany offers solution developers the following advantages:
- Provides a model for creating composite applications by defining the services in the fabric and their relationships with one another. The services can be implemented in any technology.
- Enables service developers to create reusable services that only contain business logic. Protocols are pushed out of business logic and are handled through pluggable bindings. This lowers development cost.
- Applications can easily adapt to infrastructure changes without recoding since protocols are handled via pluggable bindings and quality of services (transaction, security) are handled declaratively.
- Existing applications can work with new SCA compositions. This allows for incremental growth towards a more flexible architecture, outsourcing or providing services to others.
In addition, Tuscany is integrated with various technologies and offers:
- a wide range of bindings (pluggable protocols)
- various component types including and not limited to Java, C++, BPEL, Spring and scripting
- an end to end service and data solution which includes support for Jaxb and SDO
- a lightweight runtime that works standalone or with other application servers
- a modular architecture that makes it easy to integrate with different technologies and to extend
- Integration with web20 technologies
Please join us to create a practical SOA infrastructure that addresses the challenges which small to large scale businesses face.