- ATS 7.1.0 Release Notes
- 15 262 PRs closed
HTTP/2 Server Push support added - requires a plugin and calling an API, there is an example plugin
- HTTP/2 is enabled by default
- IPv6 enabled by default
The gzip plugin now supports compression using the Brotli algorithm.
- Remap configuration reloads are now done on the task thread pool, instead of potentially blocking a worker thread.
- We should now properly build with OpenSSL v1.1 and LibreSSL.
- Multiple client certificates can now be configured and used.
- The new test framework, based on autest, is now part of the main distribution. The CI runs this on every Github PR as well.
Future Deprecated Features
- A couple of header_rewrite operators are marked as deprecated now, and will be removed in 8.0.0. This includes
New Configuration Options
- proxy.config.memory.max_usage proxy.config
- A slew of parent related metrics were added, they are all prefixed proxy.process.http.strict_uri_parsing
New Promoted (stable) Plugins
- AuthProxy - Delegates the authorization decision of a request to an external HTTP service.
- Background Fetch - Proactively fetch content from Origin in a way that it will fill the object into cache.
- ESI - Implements the Edge Side Includes (ESI) specification.
- Generator - Generate arbitrary response data for testing/benchmarking.
- Regex Revalidate - Configurable rules for forcing cache object revalidations using regular expressions.
- AWS S3 Authentication - Support for Amazon S3 authentication features.
- XDebug - Allows HTTP clients to debug the operation of the Traffic Server cache using the X-Debug header.
New Plugins (in experimental)
Plugins (in experimental)