GSoC 2010: ZooKeeper Monitoring Recipes and Web-based Administrative Interface
- Student: http://andreisavu.ro/ Andrei Savu (savu.andrei at gmail dot com)
- Assigned mentor: Patrick Hunt (phunt at apache dot org)
ZooKeeper is a complex distributed system. Understanding how well it is running is tremendously important. Patrick Hunt has created a http://github.com/phunt/zookeeper_ Django-based dashboard that allows some insight into how ZooKeeper is running. This is the foundation I'm going to build on. This project would capture much more information from ZooKeeper, adding hooks to retrieve it where necessary and visualize it in an appealing and useful way. I'm also going to provide a bunch of monitoring recipes for systems like: Ganglia, Nagios, Cacti.
- Hue Application: http://github.com/andreisavu/hue (branch: zookeeper-browser app: apps/zkui)
- will open another JIRA for ACLs (get, set) and per session ZK authentication
- added some fixes on the existing patch created by Lei Zhang
- Github Repository: http://github.com/andreisavu/zookeeper-monitoring