git push -u origin tomcat70
git push --tags
Old github repos
Solution 1: Make them read-only
Solution 1: Document options (multiple clones, git worktree, etc.) or better strill still find an on-line reference.
Solution 1: Update svn.html post migration (any and maybe rename)
Review board. Tomcat gas been removed from (technically hidden in) the ASF ReviewBoard instance
- Config diffs in migration guide. Use gitweb. e.g.:
- Branch names. master, tc8.5, tc8.0, tc7.0 etc
- PRs. Those against apache/tomcat will remain. Currently no other open PRs. Any opened between now and migration will be closed and asked to be made against apache/tomcat.
- Merge strategy. Commit to master then cherry-pick to branches for older versions as required.
- CI Systems. Leave them pointing at svn. Migrate to git. Once we are happy with the git repo update the CI systems to use it.
- Java source code for tomcat-native. Pull in the source code from a specific tag/hash as part fo the build process.
- See recent tomcat-training emails on dev@ for examples. For further tweaks, infra have indicated patches to https://github.com/apache/infrastructure-puppet/blob/deployment/modules/gitbox/files/asfgit/git_multimail.py are welcome.
- Make old github repos read-only. Ensure information from PRs is available on dev@ list, in BZ or similar. Copy across anything missing. Then delete old repos.