- Introduced type converter registry to allow end users to programmatic get access to this registry
- major improvements to Jetty for better handling of exception/faults and easier end-user customization how response should be written
- major improvements to File for consuming files, now supporting pluggable sorting, filtering and idempotent repositories.
- major refactor and improvements to FTP, aligning it with the File component.
- minor improvements to JDBC, SQL, HTTP and MINA
- major refactor and improvements to CXF component. CxfBinding, HeaderFilterStrategy, Bus can be looked up from registry and configured at the endpoint level.
- File and FTP producers added option to write files using a temporary name and then rename it to the real name after the write completes
- SFTP added support for knownhosts and privatekey files
- Mail now supports setting additional SUN java mail properties
- MINA now supports setting text line delimiters for textline codec.
- MINA producer now throws CamelExchangeException in case no response received from remote server when in sync mode (sync=true)
- RedeliveryPolicy added support for ref attribute to reference a existing policy in the Registry
- RedeliveryPolicy added
delayPatternoption for using a special pattern for setting different delay based on intervals
retryUntilpredicates to Exception Clause
- List component renamed to Browse
- Exception Clause is much smarter as it will use caused by exception hierarchy for matching as well (will use bottom ups)
- Dead Letter Channel and Exception Clause now have
onRedeliverto allow custom processing an Exchange before its being redelivered. Allowing you to work on the message being sent.
- Added support for # syntax in Endpoint URI's to allow endpoint URI's to refer to bean in the Registry.
consumer.prefix can be omitted for scheduled polling consumers such as File, FTP consumers. Thus the URI options is more simpler and you don't have to remember which requires
consumer.prefix and which doesn't.
- Tracer improved to allow custom routing and processing of TraceEventMessage so you can store trace logs as you like, for instance in a database.
- Tracer now also displays the previous node so you can see where the Exchange is coming from.
- Quartz has added support for stateful jobs.
- Introduced @FallbackConverter for using annotation based fallback type converters
- Extended content enrichment support via the enrich DSL element.
- Simple language now supports a basic set of operators.
- Aggregator now supports grouped exchanges out of the box, so you can combine all aggregated exchanges into a single grouped exchange going out.
- Multiple inputs can be define as input to routes:
- CXF component supports a new "cxfbean" endpoint that allows RESTful requests to be routed to JAXRS annotated service beans.
- Setting cron expression in camel-quartz improved.
- Better handling of interrupts while shutting down.
- The JMSReplyTo destination is available as Exchange property when consuming JMS messages.
- Better support for
InOptionalOutMessage Exchange Pattern.
- Pluggable Class Resolvers SPI for class resolvers allowing third party platforms such as JBoss to provide integration with Camel.
- Refined API to reduce package tangling.
- Introduced wireTap node for the Wire Tap EIP pattern, supporting the traditional tapping and sending a new message.
toFin the Java DSL to build uri strings using String.format with arguments, e.g.:
fromF("ftp://%s@myserver?password=%s", user, password)..to
- Improved tooling being able to retrieve more runtime information from the
- Scala DSL is improved
JmsMessageTypeoption to JMS to allow you to set which
javax.jms.Messageimplementation to use for sending a JMS message.
- Fixed a rare bug when JMX is disabled, a Dead Letter Channel could mistakenly be added to some routes, when a global
- JMS is now able to preserve hyphen in JMS keys (eg Content-Type can be sent as a Message header). Introduced pluggable strategy to allow end users to use their custom key formatter for encode/decode.
- Added option
transferExchangeto JMS so you can transfer the Exchange over the wire. Can be used to use JMS queues for Dead Letter Channel to preserve all information from the failed Exchange including the original exception with stack trace.
- Added option
transferExceptionto JMS so when using Request Reply messaging with JMS, any caused exception on the server side will be returned as response to the client.
rollbackas DSL keyword to force a rollback of the given Exchange. Does this by throwing an
- Added SOAP Message Header filtering capability in camel-cxf component.
- ProducerTeamplate API reworked for sendBody operations to return void, as they are InOnly. Use requestBody if you need InOut.
ConsumerTemplatesupporting the Polling Consumer EIP
- Custom endpoints with Spring @ManagedResource is now also registered in the mbean server.
- The default error handler is changed from Dead Letter Channel to DefaultErrorHandler.
- HTTP component added option
throwExceptionthat can be disabled to allow failed response codes to be returned without throwing a HttpOperationsFailedException.
- Overhaul and improvements to the Try Catch Finally DSLs, so they are on pair with the Exception Clause.
- Overhaul and improvements to the Intercept DSLs. Added new
interceptSendToEndpointto intercept sending to a given Endpoint.
- Added the notion of a Channel in the routes.
- Added support to navigate the routes at runtime, so you can dynamic change or affect the processors in the routes.
- Introduced a new Async API for asynchronous messaging.
- Jetty now supports configuring Handler for e.g. security.
- Jetty connector can now be shared among multiple CamelContext
- iBATIS added option to set
StatementTypefor fine grained control of which SqlMapClient operation to invoke. Allowing iBATIS component to be used like SQL or the JDBC component.
- Added OnCompletion callback to Exchange so you can do custom routing when an Exchange is completed. You can for instance use it to send an email if an Exchange failed.
- Added Failover as load balancer.
throwExceptionto the DSL.
- Added @Handler annotation to mark a method to be invoked when using POJO in routes.
- Predicate uses type coercion for improving matching, thus allowing you for instance to compare a String with an Integer, "true" with a boolean, or enum type as string etc.
- Started to standardize consumers that supported batching as a Batch Consumer.
- Connection pooling for FTP and MINA producers. This allows thread safe concurrency usage of these components out of the box. The connection pooling is pluggable so you can use a 3rd party pool framework.
- Added option
fileExistto File and FTP component. This option allows you to configure what should happen when you write a file and an existing file with that name already exists. The File producer will now by default Override existing files. In Camel 1.x it would default append.
- SEDA and VM now supports Request Reply and waiting for the reply if one expected.
- Fixed issue with using 3rd party annotations and Camel annotations in same POJO class. Now all annotations is processed by Spring.
- Added Jackson as supported library for the JSON data format.
- Simplified using Delayer especially in Spring DSL.
- Improved Idempotent Consumer to eagerly detect duplicated messages for in progress exchanges.
- Added Camel property to set a max chars limit for
DEBUGlogs Message bodies. To avoid logging very big payloads. The default limit is 1000 chars.
- Configuration of http proxy is now possible with the HTTP component
- Message Filter EIP marks Exchanges as filtered and is now skipped for aggregation in
AggregationStrategyfor example used when doing Splitter or Aggregator
- DefaultErrorHandler is now just as powerful as Dead Letter Channel support redelivery et. all.
- Dead Letter Channel will by default handle exceptions.
- TransactionErrorHandler is now just as powerful as Dead Letter Channel support redelivery et. all.
<packageScan>tag in camel-spring to replace
<packages>and it support ANT path style filtering of classes to include/exclude.
- Stream caching is now default disabled. Improved how to configure it as enabled/disabled.
- Various Camel annotations such as
@Consumehave new option
contextto specify a particular CamelContext it should apply for. Needed when you have multiple CamelContext.
- Major improvements to Tracer as its now much more fine grained and capable of tracing sub routes and all the advanced stuff such as Intercept, Exception Clause and OnCompletion.
- Introduced PollingConsumerPollStrategy as a pluggable strategy for scheduled consumers, allowing you to control what should happen if an exception occurred during the initial phase of
poll, such as a file consumer not being able to connect to a network drive.
pollEnrichto DSL supporting using a Polling Consumer with the Content Enricher EIP pattern. This allows you for instance to poll a file (or FTP file) during routing directly in the DSL.
- Improved endpoint resolution to better detect similar endpoints and be more tolerant for minor user input mistakes.
- FTP now supports trying to reconnect a number of times in case a connection to the remote FTP server could not be established. There are options to control this behavior. |
- When running in OSGi Camel will also lookup in OSGi registry when doing Registry lookup. Will first lookup in OSGi, and then the default Registry.
- Added AOP to do custom processing before routing using AOP concepts such as: around, before, after etc.
- Tracer, Delayer, Stream caching and handle fault now has higher granularity as you can configure it on both camel context and per route level. Where per route will override camel context level.
- Exchange api cleanup. Complete removal of specialized Exchange using generics.
- Merged out and fault semantics.
- Async API improved with client API that uses callbacks that are invoked when the exchange is done allowing you to gather the response in callbacks.
- Headers in
org.apache.camel.Messageis now case insensitive meaning that you can lookup headers using different cased keys such as
foowill return the same value. This reduces mistakes when headers from HTTP protocols is used as they can contain different cases.
- Performance improvements
- Fixes for Camel Maven Archetypes
- Added SSL support to Camel IRC
- Many fixes in the CXF, FTP, Log, Mail, JMS and others
- Major improvements and fixes in Bindy
- Removed platforms specific encoding from kits
- Fixed issues related to class loading in OSGi
- Bean also supports lookup in OSGi registry
- Introduced <pacakgeScan> in Spring XML that supports ANT path style filtering
PollingConsumerPollStrategyas pluggable strategy for fine grained error handling with Polling Consumer
- Stream caching is disabled by default
- Camel using Spring DSL will automatic register a Producer and/or ConsumerTemplate if not defined already using ids
consumerTemplate. Convention over configuration.