This page discusses cluster- and clustering-related questions. Please make sure to read the Clustering HowTo page in the main Tomcat documentation bundle as well.
- Can I configure a cluster at the Engine level?
- Show me a simple cluster configuration example.
- How do I turn on transport logging?
- How do I use JMX to monitor the cluster?
- Can I pause the message sending?
- Can I add more senders (pooled mode)?
- What happens when I pull the network cable?
- On my windows laptop without network my cluster doesn't work.
- The cluster doesn't work under Linux with two nodes on two boxes.
- I get "localhost" rather than "eth0" or another interface when using tcpListenAddress="auto".
AnswersCan I configure a cluster at the Engine level?
I get "localhost" rather than "eth0" or another interface when using tcpListenAddress="auto".
- Is your network interface enabled for multicast? ifconfig eth0 MULTICAST
- Exists a multicast route to your network interface? route add -host 126.96.36.199 dev eth0
- Is your firewall active? Then check that multicast port is on your UDP open list and the receiver TCP port is also for both machines open!
Change /etc/hosts so that the localhost domain resolves to the actual IP address of the NIC, eth0. Please see Bugzilla for more.