- Introduction in the Application Developer Guide
- 应用开发人员指南 Chinese translation of the Application Developer Guide (warning: it is for Tomcat 5, which is an old and unsupported version)
- HowTo - — Some how-tos assembled here
- http://benhutchison.wordpress.com/2008/07/30/how-to-configure-tomcat-root-context/#comment-336 How To / How do I make my web application be the Tomcat default application? — How to make tomcat serve content from www.exampledomain.com instead of www.exampledomain.com/examplewebapp. Basically, just make a directory inside tomcat's webapps directory called ROOT and your content will be served to the root domain www.exampledomain.com.
- BitNami Tomcat Stack: Provides an all-in-one installer, free virtual machines and cloud images for Tomcat.
- TurnKey Tomcat Appliance: Open source installable Live CD based on Ubuntu. Features minimal footprint, automatic security updates, SSL support and an elegant Web administration interface.