- E.g. http://markmail.org/message/gvmbwocspnwb2dfe
- Increment the version number ready for the next tag (e.g. http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1500094)
If the vote passes
- Send a recap "[VOTE][RESULT]" email to the vote thread on the dev list with the vote counts.
svn mv https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.XX https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.XX
svn checkout --depth immediates https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomcat/tomcat-9/
and update the
KEYSfile there to be the same as the one used for release. (The download page has links pointing to this file).
- Release the Maven artifacts (https://github.com/apache/tomcat/blob/9.0.x/res/maven/README.txt step 4)
- Wait for the mirrors to sync (upto 24 hours depending on what percentage of the mirrors you want to sync)
- Update the website (e.g. http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1500109)
Note: the index and oldnews pages are sorted by date. Thus the new announcement pops up to the top of the page.
- Update the docs (see http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/site/trunk/README.txt)
- Announce the release (e.g. http://markmail.org/message/xyantb3ozzmucdjt) to firstname.lastname@example.org, cc email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Update the release date in the changelog to the date the files were copied to the the release area in yyyy-mm-dd format.
E.g. "released 2013-05-03" (for stable versions), "beta, 2007-02-08" (for betas).
- Add the version number in Bugzilla (https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/ → Administration → Products / versions)
- Drop the artifacts for the previous release from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomcat/tomcat-9/
- Add release data (version and date) to reporter.apache.org - https://reporter.apache.org/addrelease.html?tomcat