- Send a recap "[VOTE][RESULT]" email to the vote thread on the dev list with the vote counts.
svn mv https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.XX https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.XX
svn checkout --depth immediates https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomcat/tomcat-9/
and update the
KEYSfile there to be the same as the one used for release. (The download page has links pointing to this file).
- Release the Maven artifacts (https://github.com/apache/tomcat/blob/9.0.x/res/maven/README.txt step 4)
- Wait for the mirrors to sync (up to 24 hours depending on what percentage of the mirrors you want to sync) (Check status at release artifacts to appear in these locations:mirrors/)
- Update the website (e.g. http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=15001091895118)
Note: the index and oldnews pages are sorted by date. Thus the new announcement pops up to the top of the page.
- Update download page (update "[define v]" macro for the new version)
- Move old announcement to oldnews page.
- Add announcement for the new release to the front page (index).
- Update whichversion page (the current version number).
- Update migration page (versions in "configuration file differences" comparison form).
- Notable changes that change behaviour and may require action when upgrading from the previous release may be added to the "noteable changes" section on the migration page.
- Update doap_Tomcat.rdf file (version number and release date).
- Update the docs (see http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/site/trunk/README.txt)
- Also update docs/tomcat-[v]-doc/changelog.html to set the release date.
- Announce the release (e.g. http://markmail.org/message/xyantb3ozzmucdjt) to firstname.lastname@example.org, cc email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Update the release date in the changelog to the date the files were copied to the the release area in yyyy-mm-dd format.
E.g. "released 2013-05-03" (for stable versions), "beta, 2007-02-08" (for betas).
- Add the version number in Bugzilla (https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/ → Administration → Products / versions)
- Drop the artifacts for the previous release from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomcat/tomcat-9/
- Add release data (version and date) to reporter.apache.org - https://reporter.apache.org/addrelease.html?tomcat