- Send a recap "[VOTE][RESULT]" email to the vote thread on the dev list with the vote counts.
svn mv https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.XX https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.XX
svn checkout --depth immediates https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomcat/tomcat-9/
and update the
KEYSfile there to be the same as the one used for release. (The download page has links pointing to this file).
- Release the Maven artifacts (https://github.com/apache/tomcat/blob/9.0.x/res/maven/README.txt step 4)
- Wait for the release artifacts to appear in these locations:
- Update the website (e.g. https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1901819)
Note: only modify the
xdocs/ files, then use
ant docsto generate the HTML.
Note: the index and oldnews pages are sorted by date. Thus the new announcement pops up to the top of the page.
Note: using tools/update-version.sh oldver newver releasedate from the 'site' project may help you with almost all of the website updates below.
- Update the Update the build.properties.default file to ensure the correct release is listed.
- Update download page (update "[define v]" macro for the new version)
- Update whichversion page (the current version number).
- Update doap_Tomcat.rdf file (version number and release date).
- Update docs/tomcat-[v]-doc/changelog.html to set the release date to the date the files were copied to the release area in yyyy-MM-dd format ("beta, 2007-02-28" for betas).
- Update migration page (versions in "configuration file differences" comparison form).
- Notable changes that change behaviour and may require action when upgrading from the previous release may be added to the "noteable changes" section on the migration page.
- Move old announcement to the top of the oldnews page.
- Add announcement for the new release to the top of the front page (index).
Update the javadocs (see https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/site/trunk/README.txt)
- Announce the release (e.g. http://markmail.org/message/xyantb3ozzmucdjt) to email@example.com, cc firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add the version number in Bugzilla (https://bz.apache.org/bugzilla/ → Administration → Products / versions)
- Drop the artifacts for the previous release from https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/tomcat/tomcat-[v]/
- Add release data (version and date) to reporter.apache.org - https://reporter.apache.org/addrelease.html?tomcat