- For Postfix v2.6 or greater, any of the "milter" software listed above can be used.
- Another way to integrate postfix and spamassassin is to use spamd. See IntegratedSpamdInPostfix. This method supports after-queue filtering only and is not quite as robust or nearly as efficient.
- IntegratePostfixViaSpampd is a more robust and efficient solution, but also a more complex one. It supports before-queue or after-queue filtering.
- IntegratedInPostfixWithAmavis is more complicated still but provides a way to plug in ClamAV virus scanning as well. It supports before-queue or after-queue filtering.
Integrated into Qmail
- As of Exim 4.50, by compiling Exim using WITH_CONTENT_SCAN=yes (see details, more). As an Exim 4.4x Exiscan-extended ACL condition stack, Exim can reject spam after reading the body, but before Exim acknowledges acceptance of the email. Debian Linux's exim4-daemon-heavy comes with the exiscan patch built in. You can discover its presence in your distro's exim binary directly with the command
exim4 -bV; look for the phrase
Contains exiscan-acl patch.
- As an Exim 4.x loadable module or local_scan.c replacement. SA-Exim also allows SpamAssassin to reject spam before its accepted by your MTA. More info at http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/exim.php. On debian this is the default method: install the sa-exim package and edit /etc/exim4/sa-exim.conf to enable it.
- As an Exim transport.
Integrated into Courier-MTA
- CGPSA: http://www.tffenterprises.com/cgpsa/ (should work on both Linux and Windows)
- CGPAV: http://program.farit.ru/doc/cgpav.html
- sa-cgp: ftp://ftp.vsu.ru/pub/apps/CGP/sa-cgp.c
- scanspam.sh (See wiki page for CommuniGate)
- cgSpamAssassin: https://github.com/bret-miller/cgSpamAssassin (should work on both Linux and Windows)
Integrated into XMail (Unix)