- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Grid Middleware Framework for Science Data Processing, Information Integration and Retrieval
Apache Object Oriented Data Technology (OODT) is the smart way to integrate and archive your processes, your data, and its metadata. OODT allows you to:
- Generate Data
- Process Data
- Manage Your Data
- Distribute Your Data
- Analyze Your Data Allowing for the integration of data, computation, visualization and other components.
OODT also allows for remote execution of jobs on scalable computational infrastructures so that computational and data- intensive processing can be integrated into OODT’s data processing pipelines using cloud computing and high-performance computing environments.
Components of OODT
Traditional processing pipelines are commonly made up of custom UNIX shell scripts and fragile custom written glue code. Apache OODT uses structured XML-based capturing of the processing pipeline that can be understood and modified by non-programmers to create, edit, manage and provision workflow and task execution.
OODT is used on a number of successful projects at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory/California Institute of Technology, and many other research institutions and universities, specifically those part of the:
- National Cancer Institute's (NCI's) Early Detection Research Network (EDRN) project - over 40+ institutions all performing research into discovering biomarkers which are early indicators of disease.
- NASA's Planetary Data System (PDS) - NASA's planetary data archive, a repository and registry for all planetary data collected over the past 30+ years.
- various Earth Science data processing missions, including Seawinds/QuickSCAT, the Orbiting Carbon Observatory, the NPP Sounder PEATE project, and the Soil Moisture Active Passive (SMAP) mission.
- Apache DRAT - A distributed release audit tool written on top of OODT's capabilities.
OODT is a Top Level project of the Apache Software Foundation http://www.apache.org/.
Contributing to OODT