- openoffice.apache.org is a markdown site in the Apache CMS.
- Needs redesign like new banner and change from left navigation.
- Not complex.
- Migrate some of the developer resources on openoffice.org like Java docs, UNO etc to this site.
- www.openoffice.org is our premier user / marketing site. It has complexities which can be handled it was moved as a port in December 2011 with minimal change. (For information on the httpd.conf see OpenOffice.org HTTPD Conf)
- Template uses SSI to handle consistent banner, top navigation, and translation of several elements.
- 100 native language websites - some maintained and more not maintained. Some have unusual encoding.
- Download pages have a unique and special structure.
- The why pages are translated, but ...
- All the legacy pages are in an original html that is reformatted by the CMS. These pages should be discarded or transformed during migration.
- ooo-updates.apache.org is update feeds.
- Update feeds must be kept (see: https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Update_Service#Available_Update_Feeds)
- See Update Service Migration