The mission of Ignite project is the creation and maintenance of software
related to high-performance distributed database engine providing in-memory
and persistent data caching, partitioning, processing, and
## Project Status:
Current project status: Ongoing
Issues for the board: none
## Membership Data:
Apache Ignite was founded 2015-08-19 (8 years ago)
There are currently 73 committers and 39 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 5:3.
Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Ivan Daschinsky on 2022-09-15.
- No new committers. Last addition was Aleksandr Pakhomov on 2023-02-21.
## Project Activity:
- no recent releases, 2.15.0 (latest stable) was released on 2023-05-02.
- Ignite Summit 2023 2023 was held on June 6, virtual event with more than 500
## Community Health:
- There are several open discussions about new committers and a couple of
votes are open.
- There is a sligth decrease in the dev list, PR, and JIRA activity.
- The number of commits, GitHub opened and closed issues increased
compared to the previous quarter.
- PMC discussed subscription of contibutor without commit bit to the security
list (email@example.com) and we agree to keep that subscription.
Yury helped with security issues in SQL engine in the past and currently he is
a candidate to committership. Also he would like to volunteer by monitoring