- AdroitLogic UltraESB - Uses ZooKeeper to implement node coordination, in clustering support. This allows the management of the complete cluster, or any specific node - from any other node connected via JMX. A Cluster wide command framework developed on top of the ZooKeeper coordination allows commands that fail on some nodes to be retried etc. We also support the automated graceful round-robin-restart of a complete cluster of nodes using the same framework. More information on how we use ZooKeeper can be found at the clustering concepts and clustered control operations clustering guide articles.
- Akka Akka is the platform for the next generation event-driven, scalable and fault-tolerant architectures on the JVM. Or: Akka is a toolkit and runtime for building highly concurrent, distributed, and fault tolerant event-driven applications on the JVM.
- Eclipse Communication Framework - The Eclipse ECF project provides an implementation of its Abstract Discovery services using Zookeeper. ECF itself is used in many projects providing base functionallity for communication, all based on OSGi.
- Eclipse Gyrex - The Eclipse Gyrex project provides a platform for building your own Java OSGi based clouds. ZooKeeper is used as the core cloud component for node membership and management, coordination of jobs executing among workers, a lock service and a simple queue service and a lot more.
- GoldenOrb - massive-scale Graph analysis
- Juju Service deployment and orchestration framework, formerly called Ensemble. How is ZooKeeper used by Juju.
- Katta - Katta serves distributed Lucene indexes in a grid environment. Zookeeper is used for node, master and index management in the grid.
- KeptCollections - KeptCollections is a library of drop-in replacements for the data structures in the Java Collections framework. KeptCollections uses Apache ZooKeeper as a backing store, thus making its data structures distributed and scalable.
- Mesos Mesos is a cluster management platform that provides resource sharing and isolation across distributed applications, or frameworks. For example, Hadoop MapReduce, MPI, Hypertable, and Spark
- Neo4j - Neo4j is a Graph Database. It's a disk based, ACID compliant transactional storage engine for big graphs and fast graph traversals, using external indicies like Lucene/Solr for global searches.
We use ZooKeeper in the Neo4j High Availability components for write-master election, read slave coordination and other cool stuff. ZooKeeper is a great and focused project - we like!
- Norbert Partitioned routing and cluster management.
- Talend ESB - Talend ESB is a versatile and flexible, enterprise service bus. It uses ZooKeeper as endpoint repository of both REST and SOAP Web services. By using ZooKeeper Talend ESB is able to provide failover and load balancing capabilities in a very light-weight manner. .
- redis_failover Redis Failover is a ZooKeeper-based automatic master/slave failover solution for Ruby.