- Apache Accumulo - Accumulo is a distributed key/value store that provides expressive, cell-level access labels.
- Apache BookKeeper (ZooKeeper subproject) distributed logging service
- Apache CXF DOSGi The Distributed OSGi implementation at Apache CXF uses ZooKeeper for its Discovery functionality. See here for more information: http://cxf.apache.org/dosgi-discovery-demo-page.html
- planning: Apache Flume Service for efficiently collecting, aggregating, and moving large amounts of log data. The next major version is planned to use ZooKeeper: Jira issue
- Apache Hadoop MapReduce The next generation of Hadoop MapReduce (colled "Yarn") uses ZooKeeper. Jira issue, Design paper
- Apache HBase - HBase is the Hadoop database. Its an open-source, distributed, column-oriented store modeled after the Google paper, Bigtable: A Distributed Storage System for Structured Data by Chang et al.
We use ZooKeeper for master election, server lease management, bootstrapping, and coordination between servers.
- Apache Hedwig Hedwig is a publish-subscribe system designed to carry large amounts of data across the internet in a guaranteed-delivery fashion from those who produce it (publishers) to those who are interested in it (subscribers).
- Apache Kafka (incubating) Kafka is a distributed publish/subscribe messaging system
- Apache S4 (incubating) S4 is a general-purpose, distributed, scalable, partially fault-tolerant, pluggable platform that allows programmers to easily develop applications for processing continuous unbounded streams of data.
- Apache Solr - In the "Cloud" edition (v4.x and up) of enterprise search engine Apache Solr, ZooKeeper is used for configuration, leader election and more.
- RAGETO AGETO - The AGETO RnD team uses ZooKeeper in a variety of internal as well as external consulting projects.
- Benipal Technologies - ZooKeeper is used for internal application development with Solr and Hadoop with Hbase.
- Box - Box uses ZooKeeper for service discovery, service coordination, Solr and Hadoop support, etc.
- Deepdyve - We do search for research and provide access to high quality content using advanced search technologies Zookeeper is used to manage server state, control index deployment and a myriad other tasks.
- Idium Portal - Idium Portal is a hosted web-publishing system delivered by Norwegian company, Idium AS.
ZooKeeper is used for cluster messaging, service bootstrapping, and service coordination.
- Using ZooKeeper on 2-node cluster on VMware workstation, Amazon EC2, Zen
- Using zkpython
- Looking into expanding into 100 node cluster
- Midokura - We do virtualized networking for the cloud computing era. We use ZooKeeper for various aspects of our distributed control plane.
- Rackspace - The Email & Apps team uses ZooKeeper to coordinate sharding and responsibility changes in a distributed e-mail client that pulls and indexes data for search. ZooKeeper also provides distributed locking for connections to prevent a cluster from overwhelming servers.
- Sematext - Uses ZooKeeper in SPM (which includes ZooKeeper monitoring component, too!), Search Analytics, and Logsene.
- Tubemogul - Uses ZooKeeper for leader election, configuration management, locking, group membership
- Vast.com - Used internally as a part of sharding services, distributed synchronization of data/index updates, configuration management and failover support
- Wealthfront uses ZooKeeper for service discovery, leader election and distributed locking among its many backend services. ZK is an essential part of Wealthfront's continuous deployment infrastructure.
- Yahoo! - ZooKeeper is used for a myriad of services inside Yahoo! for doing leader election, configuration management, sharding, locking, group membership etc.
- Zynga - ZooKeeper at Zynga is used for a variety of services including configuration management, leader election, sharding and more... A brief introduction to our usage at Zynga can be seen at the following blog post. http://code.zynga.com/2011/08/updating-thousands-of-configuration-files-in-under-a-second/