Steps to setup Eclipse to work with the ZooKeeper code base
- Install the SVN plugin in eclipse. (we now use git. if you use eclipse, please update this doc.)
- Add Select "Import" and then "Import Projects from Git".
- Use the zookeeper version control url of trunk to the SVN repositories
- Use this URL and check-out the project using the New Project wizard
- Here please select the output folder as something other than 'bin' – Important
- as URI.
- Select the branch you are using.
Select "Import existing Eclipse projects" but before you press next open a command line in the directory you checked out and run:
- Select Next and then Finish
- Once the code is checked out and the project is setup, run the build script with the following targets: compile, compile-test, eclipse
- Once the build script has run successfully, refresh the project. And