- PMC is the group of elected PMC members who have oversight of the project, who elect new committers and who vote to approve releases
- Develpment Development (Dev) includes the C++/Java programmers, including specialists like UI design, accessibly, performance, core localization (Bidi, IME, etc.) etc.
- QA includes the testing, manual and automated
- Translation/Localization provides the linguistic and cultural adaptability of the product
- Documentation includes in-product help as well as web-hosted documentation
- Support includes the support forums
- Marketing includes publicity, events, whitepaper, promotion, etc.
- Committers are the group of contributors elected by the PPMC and who have submitted an iCLA; they may perform any/many of the roles above, and also have the ability to checkin code to the repository and any wiki directly (this is not a functional distinction, more of an organizational one)
- First Build is reached when we have received and stored into the repository the code from Oracle necessary to build the current version of OpenOffice.org on Windows, Linux, Mac and Solaris;
- First Release means that we have a build that is approved by the PPMC and IPMC for release.
- OpenOffice.org Website transfer. Oracle has offered to keep the existing OpenOffice.org website up for a transition period. But we must develop a plan for how we eventually host that site.
- Graduate from Incubation means that we are approved to become an Apache Top Level Project (TPLTLP). This will be the final milestone for Incubation.