This wiki is dedicated to documenting the Wicket Java application framework. Wicket takes simplicity, separation of concerns and ease of development to a whole new level. The wiki is currently open to new users and contributors; see the contribution page for more information. To download Wicket, please visit the Wicket site.
- Setup HSQLDB - in-memory database during development
- Setup PostgreSQL - enterprise ready opensource database
Wicket User Guide
Learn building web applications with Wicket from scratch reading its 200+ page user guide. The guide gradually introduces you to the various features of the framework with many real-world examples. It covers subjects such as models, behaviours, testing and integration with other projects.
The guide is available as PDF or html file for the following versions:
Wicket User Guide - Wicket 6.x, Wicket 7.x, Wicket 8.x
- Documentation Index - An attempt to provide a one-page overview as to where to look for information.
- Windows Guide to Installing Wicket on Eclipse with Maven - How to get a Wicket development environment installed and running.
- New User Guide (A work-in-progress but a reasonable starting point.)
- Reference library - A selection of reference guides and how-tos.
- Best Practices and Gotchas
- Wicket FAQs
- Release notes