This QA plan if for AOO 3.4 release, currently it covers both QA related works and the detail AOO 3.4 testing plan.
QA realted related works:
- Focus on establishing automation mechanism. Start from Build Verification Testing (BVT in short).
- Focus on test infrastructure set up. Start from case management tool. For 3.4.0, place the test cases on wiki and volunteer can do general testing against. If volunteer could not write cases, may give the test scope he would do. For example, which component etc. And then report defects in Apache Bugzilla .
- Focus on Performance Verification Testing (PVT in short) investigation, and setup benchmark PVT environment.
- Establish QA entry in AOO wiki (Use https://cwiki.apache.org/ for QA and test plan. http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/ for QA entry and realted related test cases and test results)
- Build private build before official build is ready
- The following platforms will be covered (please keep the general system requirements in mind):
- Leverage solid QA contributors on IP clearance impact functional verification testing
- Leverge Leverage OpenOffice users on AOO 3.4 content code change testing
- Leverage OpenOffice users on General Usage regression test
- Deployment QA and Experience Feedback
- Leverage solid QA contributors and OpenOffice users on critical bug fixes verification and impact area testing.
The bug fix related impact area testing may combine with genral general usage regression testing.