- Check out the ManifoldCF dist release area: "svn co https://dist.apache.org/reps/dist/release/manifoldcf"
- svn remove the old release: "svn remove apache-manifoldcf-XXX"
- Commit the removal
Updating trunk post-release
Trunk used to need to be updated to reflect the fact that it now represents the next release. There were four things you needed to do in order to complete this step:
- Update the build.xml - change the version number to the next planned release version ("XXXX-dev")
- Update all the maven pom.xml files - "mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=XXXX-SNAPSHOT"
- Edit CHANGES.txt to mark the release and start a new line marking the end of the next release ("XXXX-dev")
- Check in these changes to trunk
These tasks are now done automatically by the create_release_branch.py script, at the time the release branch is created.