- Kafka Streams - the built-in stream processing library of the Apache Kafka project
- Kafka Streams Ecosystem:
- Complex Event Processing (CEP): https://github.com/fhussonnois/kafkastreams-cep.
- Storm - A stream-processing framework.
- Samza - A YARN-based stream processing framework.
- Storm Spout - Consume messages from Kafka and emit as Storm tuples
- Kafka-Storm - Kafka 0.8, Storm 0.9, Avro integration
- SparkStreaming - Kafka receiver supports Kafka 0.8 and above
- Flink - Apache Flink has an integration with Kafka
- IBM Streams - A stream processing framework with Kafka source and sink to consume and produce Kafka messages
- Spring Cloud Stream - a framework for building event-driven microservices, Spring Cloud Data Flow - a cloud-native orchestration service for Spring Cloud Stream applications
- Apache Apex - Stream processing framework with connectors for Kafka as source and sink.
- Confluent HDFS Connector - A sink connector for the Kafka Connect framework for writing data from Kafka to Hadoop HDFS
- Camus - LinkedIn's Kafka=>HDFS pipeline. This one is used for all data at LinkedIn, and works great.
- Kafka Hadoop Loader A different take on Hadoop loading functionality from what is included in the main distribution.
- Flume - Contains Kafka source (consumer) and sink (producer)
- KaBoom - A high-performance HDFS data loader