NEW SITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
We're currently in the process of updating the Apache ActiveMQ is a fast open source website. The new website is currently under construction, the work in progress is staged here. The source code can be found here. We very much welcome contributions :).
Apache ActiveMQ ™ is the most popular and powerful open source messaging and Integration Patterns server.
Apache ActiveMQ is fast, supports many Cross Language Clients and Protocols, comes with easy to use Enterprise Integration Patterns and many advanced features while fully supporting JMS 1.1 provider and Message Fabric supporting clustering, peer networks, discovery, TCP, SSL, multicast, persistence, XA and integrates seamlessly into J2EE 1.4 containers, light weight containers and any Java application. . Apache ActiveMQ is released under the Apache 2.0 License
- fully supports JMS 1.1 and J2EE 1.4
- includes JCA 1.5 resource adaptors for inbound & outbound messaging so that ActiveMQ should auto-deploy in any J2EE 1.4 compliant server
- tested inside Geronimo, Spring and JBoss 4
- support for transient, persistent, transactional and XA messaging
- supports pluggable transport protocols such as in-VM, TCP, SSL, NIO, UDP, multicast, JGroups and JXTA transports
- supports very fast persistence using JDBC along with a high performance journal
- designed for high performance clustering, client-server, peer based communication
- REST API to provide technology agnostic and language neutral web based API to messaging
- Ajax to support web streaming support to web browsers using pure DHTML, allowing web browsers to be part of the messaging fabric
- Axis Support so that ActiveMQ can be easily dropped into Apache Axis runtimes to provide reliable messaging
- Spring Support so that ActiveMQ can be easily embedded into Spring applications and configured using Spring's XML configuration mechanism
- can be used as an in memory JMS provider, ideal for unit testing
- Stomp support so that clients can be written easily in C, Ruby, Perl, Python, PHP to talk to ActiveMQ
- Wildcard support to subscribe to powerful destination hierarchies.
- Composite Destinations support to allow many destinations to be used in one simple atomic JMS operation
- JSR 77 / 88 support for easy deployment & management & hot deployment
- provides an implementation of ActiveCluster
Grab yourself a Download, try our Getting Started Guide, surf our FAQ or start Contributing and join us on our Discussion Forums.