Proxy Server Resource Provider
Definition of a ResourceProvider infrastructure to enable supporting HTTP proxy functionality for Sling (DRAFT)
Created: 10. January 2014
- Request Forwarding
- Pluggable Transport Protocol proxying: Requests to Sling are always HTTP based; proxied requests may be HTTP, FTP, or others.
- Pluggable Request and Response translation: Input requests can be translated to SOAP requests with responses translated back according to expected formats such as JSON, XML, HTML, etc.
- Request URL mapping to proxied request URL (e.g. using URL templates)
- Configuration defined in the repository for ResourceProvider services:
- Resource Type indicating Proxy root; e.g.
sling:resourceType = proxy
- Proxy URL; e.g.
- ProxyResourceProvider controller registers ResourceProvider services based on the proxy configurations with the respective root addresses.
- Example: ResourceProvider registered at
/proxy.html ==> http://the.target.com/
/proxy/foo.html ==> http://the.target.com/foo