Apache Sqoop is a tool designed for efficiently transferring bulk data
between Apache Hadoop and structured datastores such as relational
databases. It can be used to import data from external structured
datastores into Hadoop Distributed File System or related systems like
Hive and HBase. Conversely, Sqoop can be used to extract data from
Hadoop and export it to external structured datastores such as relational
databases and enterprise data warehouses.
* The last release of Apache Sqoop was version 1.99.5, released on
February 24, 2015 from the sqoop2 branch.
* Work has started on the next release from main branch for Sqoop
version 1.4.6, and on the next release from sqoop2 branch for
Sqoop version 1.99.6.
* Development activity continues on both trunk as well as sqoop2
* A total of 223 issues have been resolved between the period starting
from January 1, 2015 to April 1, 2015.
* In the past three months, a total of 185 messages were exchanged on the
user list and a total of 4285 messages were exchanged on the dev list.
* The last addition of a new committer was done in January 2015.
* The last appointment to the PMC was done in March 2015.
* Currently there are:
- Total of 429 subscribers to the user list
- Total of 149 subscribers to the dev list
- Total of 22 committers
- Total of 15 PMC members
* The current PMC affiliations are: Apple (2), Cloudera (5), Dell Software
(2), Etcetera (1), Hortonworks (1), JPL (1), Pivotal (1), StreamSets (1),
* A proposal was accepted by Sqoop community to conduct regular contributor
meetings. The details of the proposal are available at . The first
contributors meeting is currently being planned for late April. The Sqoop
PMC will oversee the execution of these meetings to ensure that:
- all decisions are made on the dev list
- the meetings are open to all current and future contributors
- sufficient notice is given before every meeting with published agenda
- all meeting minutes are captured promptly and shared on the dev list
* There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.