Responsibilities of a committer:
- Please refer to the Apache incubator committers guideGet familiar with committer guides and resources at Apache: New committers guide, dev resources
- Subscribe to project mailing lists - dev@, commits@
- Subscribe to general@ to become aware of what else is going on in the incubator
- Keep website, wiki , status page upto date .
- Some more resources: New committers guide, dev resources, roles and responsibilties, incubation policy.
- along with continued contributions to the project.
Responsibilities of a PPMC:
- Please refer to the the Apache incubator PPMC guide and Apache PPMC guide
- PPMC responsibilities include responsibilities of committers( see above)
- Subscribe to email@example.com
- Make sure reports are submitted Board reports: PMC will prepare the board report
- Care should be taken to submit these on time - recommended to send
- Make sure project website, wiki and status pages are upto date, this way we have a periodic check.
- TODO: We should probably have a periodic assignment for report duty?at least 1 week before board meeting
- Schedule for 2016: April, May, June, September, December
- 2017 and further: April, June, September, December
- Guide on what to report: http://apache.org/foundation/board/reporting
- Propose new committers/PPMC and once elected update the status page and direct the candidate to appropriate resources.