- performance improvement
- better management UI support:
- TS-644 http_ui cache lookup interface will crash traffic_server in full cluster mode FIXED
- when we want to work on the new cli/webui, what we want cover in cluster field?
- wccp and cluster:
- How to deal with WCCP switch when we are in full Cluster mode? will wccp benefit from Cluster machine table that already on every machine.
- the WCCP codes in the tree is not cluster nice, and is unabled to be used in Cluster env.
- well, who cares how to run TS with WCCP in reverse proxy?
- management beyond cluster:
- How to deal with many clusters? for example do multi cluster config push.
- cluster wide stats:
- is it working? does it require more improvement?
- cluster & single TCP connection:
Cluster will make one bi-direction tcp connection between two members, how many traffic can it provide? the result is about 300Mbps.
- the network layer is handled by ET_NET thread, and it will make that thread much easy to get overload
- how many traffic can one tcp handle? with out CPU limit.
- consider if you have 40 cores, and you just have 10 boxes in the cluster, how can we benefit from that many cores?
- when there is some very hot urls, that will destroy the whole cluster: consider when you have 10 boxes, each have 1gps interface, and you have at most 10Gbps traffic, but if one of your hot content bing you more than 1gps traffic, then that box with the content will get all the traffic, and the traffic will make cluster communication unable to handle, and the cluster will take off this box, then another box will need to handle this content, so all traffic will crash it too. that will make things a mess. HOW can we handle this?
- the mem hit codes in cache part does no help
- ts cluster hash is unable to make the url local cachable.
- we should setup some cache before it goes to Cluster remote.