- Expose a new topic configuration, log.retention.min.timestamp. The value will be a Unix time in milliseconds.
- Add a new topic configuration, log.retention.min.timestamp.
- The format of the value will be a Unix time in milliseconds.
- Modify the log deletion mechanism (in LogManager.scala) to also delete segments whose last timestamp is before the configured timestamp if the timestamp is set
- This check will use the time-based log index from KIP-33 - Add a time based log index.
- Timestamp-based deletion will work with both CreateTime and LogAppendTime timestamp types.