The Apache CXF team is proud to announce the 2.0.1 incubating release! Apache CXF (incubating) is a services framework focused on support for web service and Java standards. This release is mostly a patch release from 2.0. However, there are some new features as well:
- Many Aegis related bug fixes
- Many XFire migration related bug fixes
- Fixes to handle Arrays & Lists much better with JAXB in code first scenarios
- Enable HTTPSession & Session use
- Add support for <databinding> in endpoint & client configuration
- Allow access to Jetty Server or at least Context object
- Configuring interceptors using annotations
- Feature Support for the Bus
- Fix MTOM interop issue inside Tomcat
- Over 60 other bug fixes and enhancements
The Apache CXF team welcomes outside involvement and would love to hear your feedback. More information on how to get involved can be found here.
To run samples included in the binary distribution of Apache CXF, you must install the Apache Ant 1.6.5 build utility, which can be downloaded from:
After installing Apache Ant, add the <AntInstallDir>/bin directory to your PATH.
Building the samples included in the binary distribution is easy. Go to the samples directory and follow the build instructions in the README.txt file included with each sample.
- The org.apache.cxf.service.ServiceBuilder interface may be removed in a future release.
- We may add an improved WS-Security configuration mechanisms in the next release .
Upgrading from XFire
It is recommended that XFire users upgrade to CXF at this time. For more information, see the XFire Migration Guide.
Upgrading from Celtix
It is recommended that Celtix users upgrade to CXF at this time. For more information, see the Celtix Migration Guide.