Translation of UI labels, error messages, entities labels, etc. (all labels in lab.xml files)
- Install Eclipse IDE : http://www.eclipse.org/downloads
- Install an XML editor (Oxygen, Buddy, WTP, etc.) : http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/5QM#Plugins-XML
- Install Subversion (svn) plugin in Eclipse aka Subclipse : http://subclipse.tigris.org
- Link to the repository with Subclipse : http://docs.ofbiz.org/x/mgM
- Make a project from this repository with Subclipse (Check Out)
At this point you should be able to do any translation with ease.There should be only one instance of a label in all translation files and labels should be, as much as possible, prefixed by the application name.
Translating other stuffs (can be extended from thelink below...)
If you are looking for how to translate Products or Categories Name and Descriptions, have a look at How to localize Product and Categories descriptions
To intialize the Label Manager in Webtools, before using "All files" option, 1st select a file and make a search. Then you will be able to select your language and all other options. This should be fixed one day...