- The groovy DSL from camel-groovy has been moved into its own camel-groovy-dsl module. The camel-groovy now only contains the Camel Groovy Language
- Camel-spring-LDAP now uses java.util.function.BiFunction<L, Q, S> instead of org.apache.camel.component.springldap.LdapOperationsFunction<Q, S>
- The deprecated APIs from camel-spring-boot has been removed as part of upgrading and supporting Spring Boot 1.5.x
CamelContextis deprecated and returns null. The embedded HTML documentation in all the Camel components has been removed as they are not in use/maintained, and the JSon schema is the actual information. Use the camel-catalog for component documentation where you can get all the documentation in both ascii doc and html format.
- camel-mongodb-gridf schema has been renamed from gridfs to mongodb-gridfs to avoid confusion.
- The commands-core has the Catalog commands removed
- The org.apache.camel.spring.boot.FatJarRouter has been removed, just use regular
RouteBuilderclasses in Spring Boot applications.
- The Kafka endpoint option
seekToBeginning=trueshould be migrated to
- The Kafka endpoint option bridgeEndpoint has moved from endpoint to the KafkaConfiguration class so all options are together.
- The Kafka component has been improved to be easier to configure and use. Notice there is a backwards incompatible change so users need to migrate. The kafka uri is changed from kafka:brokers to kafka:topic. So you need to specify the topic name in the context-path and the brokers as parameters, eg before
- The Infinispan uri syntax has changed from infinispan:hostName?options to infinispan:cacheName?options