- The objective of this question was to get a picture of the gender breakdown / diversity of the Apache committers
- Ten people preferred not to answer this question
- The two not listed responses did not specify a gender and instead commented on the question
- The largest group of respondents (703) were male
- Forty females, four trans females, and six gender variant / non conforming / non-binary responded.
- Only 5.2% of respondents were female which is low
- It is good to see that the people of non conforming gender are involved in ASF projects and also that they are willing to indicate this for the survey
- Is there any potential work that can be done to see if we can get more information on a larger scale?
- Compare our data with other similar open source foundations / organisations to see where we are (are we typical / atypical / top / bottom / middle etc?)
- Engage with women and other under-represented groups within the ASF and find out any ideas for encouraging others
- Review existing outreach programs to see if they can help reach these under represented groups
- Look at additional / specific outreach (e.g. Outreachy, Hackbright, WiBD etc) to see if we can collaborate with them