To help keep the content up-to-date, we maintain the Struts 2 Documentation as a Confluence space, which is automatically exported to plain HTML. We serve the HTML version online and bundle it with the distribution. But don't let the wiki format fool you! There are over 600 pages of documentation in this space, easily the equivalent of a full length book!
Apache Struts 2 is an elegant, extensible framework for building enterprise-ready Java web applications. Distributions of Struts 2 are available as a free download under the Apache License.
Several Struts 2 books, articles, and presentations are available elsewhere.
- Practical Apache Struts 2 Web 2.0 Projects (Ian Roughley), print-only, available now!
- Starting with Struts 2 (Ian Roughley), Free PDF and print.
- WebWork in Action book (Patrick Lightbody, Jason Carreira), print only.
- Most of WW2 in Action applies to Struts 2. The Struts 2 package names changed, and we've added some features, but the fundamentals remain the same. From a technical perspective, Struts 2 is WebWork 3.
- Struts 2 in Action (Don Brown, Chad Michael Davis, Scott Stanlick) Some early access chapters available now in PDF, print to follow.
- Struts 2 Design and Programming (Bud Kurniawan), print-only, pre-order onlyPractical
- Apache Struts 2 Web 2.0 Projects (Ian Roughley), print-only, pre-order onlyStruts 2: The Complete Reference (James Holmes), print-only, pre-order only