These are the notes for the Struts 2.1.2 build.
For prior notes on the the prior release series, see Version Notes 2.1.1
- If you are a Maven user, you might want to get started using the Maven Archetype.
- Another quick-start entry point is the blank application. Rename and deploy the WAR as a starting point for your own development.
<name>ASF Maven 2 Snapshot</name>
Backward compatibility issues with previous versions
- Since 2.1.0: All default result names and interceptor names are now in camelCase (eg. was redirect-action, is now redirectAction)
- Since 2.1.0: The "ajax" theme is provided by the Dojo Plugin. Applications using the ajax theme must include the Dojo Plugin dependency and modify existing pages to import the plugin's own taglib/model
- Since 2.1.0 Tiles plugin: A DOCTYPE is now mandatory in the Tiles definitions XML
- Since 2.1.1: The immutable Configuration object is now created via a builder. The API is not compatible with prior versions. This primarily affects plugins that define Configuration.
- Since 2.1.1: The static method ActionContext.getContext() no longer lazily initializes an ActionContext. Unit tests that relied upon this behaviour need to setup the ActionContext via the Container first.
- Since 2.1.1: OGNL method calls like "text(key)" now invoke "text(String)" instead of "getText(String)". This affects method calls only, not properties. Some OGNL expressions may need to be updated.
- Since 2.1.1: JUnit, TestNG, and DWR classes classes moved into their own plugins
New Features and Plugins
- JUnit support moved to plugin (Since 2.1.1)
- TestNG support moved to plugin (Since 2.1.1)
- DWR support moved to plugin (Since 2.1.1)
- Portlet support moved to plugin (Since 2.1.0)
- Struts 2.1.2 will be the third milestone/test-build in the 2.1.x series.
- There is yet to be a GA release in this series.
- The Build/Release Managers is Don Brown
- The proposed tag date for the build is 2 May, 2008