- SHOULD back port bug-fixes to the 2 last versions (e.g., once 1.7 is released, include them in master, release-1.7, release-1.6).
- Changes that affect Flink's behavior (in a way that could break setups) SHOULD NOT be back-ported.
- MUST close the JIRA
- Add a comment listing the commit hash for each branch respectively.
- Check the JIRA data title
- Title, components, type and
- assignee are accurate
- Title is meaningful
- FixVersion covers all versions.
- For release-X.Y branches, pick the next upcoming release version.
- For master branch, include the next release version (e.g. 1.8.0), unless it was also merged for the first release in the previous series (1.7.0).
Best practice handling test failures: