MADlib graduated to an Apache Top Level Project on 7/19/17. Read the press release.
MADlib® is an open-source library for scalable in-database analytics.
It provides data-parallel implementations of mathematical, statistical,
graph and machine learning methods for structured and unstructured data.
Quick Start Guides
- MADlib website
- Jupyter notebooks for many MADlib algorithms
- MADlib YouTube channel including step-by-step guides for common algorithms
- Module and algorithm documentation
- Source code repo
- Contribution Guidelines
- Documentation Guide (Doxygen)
- Ideas for contribution
- Algorithm technical design document
License information regarding MADlib and included third-party libraries can be found inside the license directory. ASF licensing guidance for MADlib pertaining to its pre-Apache history as an open source project with BSD licensing is described here.
MAD Skills : New Analysis Practices for Big Data (VLDB 2009)
Hybrid In-Database Inference for Declarative Information Extraction (SIGMOD 2011)
Towards a Unified Architecture for In-Database Analytics (SIGMOD 2012)
The MADlib Analytics Library or MAD Skills, the SQL (VLDB 2012)
PivotalR - lets the user run the functions of the open-source big-data machine learning package MADlib directly from R.
- PyMADlib - a nascent Python wrapper for MADlib, which brings you the power and flexibility of python with the number crunching power of MADlib.