Board Reporting Schedule
The Apache VCL project must submit quarterly board reports in February, May, August, and November. Reports are due the 2nd Wednesday of the month:
- November 9, 2011
- February 8, 2012
- May 9, 2012
- August 8, 2012
The incubator project board reporting schedule is at:
- A community member should volunteer to make an initial draft of the board report a minimum of 1 week prior to the due date. Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create a new Confluence page which is a child of this page. The title should match the form of previous reports:
yyyy-mm Incubator VCL Report
- The first line should contain:
VCL has been incubating since December 2008. VCL is a cloud computing platform for the management of physical and virtual machines.
- Inlude a section with the project's top 2 or 3 issues to resolve prior to graduation
- Include a summary of the major issues and developments that occurred since the last board report was submitted
- The last line should contain:
Signed off by mentor:
- You can actually copy the last report to use as a base for the new one. View a previous report, and then click Info under Page Operations. Finally, click Copy on that page. Make sure to change the title of the new page.
- Send a message to email@example.com notifying the community that the report is ready to be discussed
- Specify a date and time when the report will be submitted
- there doesn't need to be an official vote to approve the report; if you don't get any feedback from anyone, consider it approved
- Once the community has approved the report, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- cc the project mentors asking them to review the report and complete the "Signed off by mentor:" line
- After the report is signed off by the mentor, copy the contents of the report to the appropriate monthy page linked from: