Please use #apache-wink on irc.freenode.net, our IRC channel. 9 AM Eastern Time on June 23, 2009 is the proposed meeting time.
Here are the primary things we want to discuss:
- Short term goals
- JAX-RS 1.0 compliance
- What are the absolutely required features beyond this?
- Choosing a runtime architecture
- Required plug points into runtime
- Handlers - an ability to add user handlers; change system handlers (?)
- Extensible Metadata - an ability to collect the custom meta-data (e.g. custom annotations), this can be also achieved by using handlers
- Extensible Lifecycle Manager - define custom scopes, use spring scopes when integrating with Spring
- Extensible Custom field/parameters injection - can be used with custom annotations
- Third party dependencies - should we grow our own APP/ATOM/JSON/OpenSearch etc. support or use existing implementations like Abdera?
- How to modularize
- Configurability - ability to control different runtime features and properties.
- Client API
- Long term goals
- Spring integration
- Support of additional endpoints
- What are some goals that may take longer than the next few weeks to do?
Things that may be discussed:
- Submitting an Eclipse/(Other IDE) code style template
- I don't know if it's the Apache Way or not but commit before review until we get close to declaring a release?
Discussions moved to mailing list:
- How to do unit tests (which Mock Object framework?)
- How to do integration tests