Apache ACE is a software distribution framework that allows you to centrally manage and distribute software components, configuration data and other artifacts to target systems. ACE started incubation on April 24th 2009.
There are currently no issues requiring board or Incubator PMC attention.
- Karl Pauls and Marcel Offermans did a tutorial on, amongst other things, ACE at the EclipseCon/OSGi DevCon in March.
- Marcel Offermans presented ACE at the OSGi UK Users Forum end of January.
- Completed the migration of both the target and server nodes from Ant to Maven, we now have a fully functional Maven build
- Switched to the newly agreed terminology in the user interface (in the code, this still needs to be done).
- Started a discussion about migrating to a common scheduler API, possibly sharing it with Sling and ServiceMix.
- Toni Menzel did some work on setting up a CI build on Hudson, setting it up and successfully deploying to a Nexus instance using his own setup, still a work in progress on getting it up and running on Apache infrastructure.
- Implemented the option to statically or dynamically link bundles to features in the UI.
Licensing and other issues
- None at the moment.
Things to resolve prior to graduation
- Make a release.
- Grow the community some more.
Signed off by mentor: ...