Apache ACE is a software distribution framework that allows you to centrally manage and distribute software components, configuration data and other artifacts to target systems. ACE started incubation on April 24th 2009.
There are currently no issues requiring board or Incubator PMC attention.
- There have been active conversations about how to best document building and running ACE as we're finalizing the transition to Maven.
- Several committers of ACE will be present and talking at ApacheCon NA 2010.
- Toni has done initial testing with Maven 3, making some changes to the build system to support it.
- Premek Brada, a researcher and software engineering lecturer at University of West
Bohemia, Czech Republic, has been researching component compatibility methods and their applications to industrial technologies, in particular OSGi. He is considering donating software to analyze changes in code and what their impact should be on versioning changes.
Licensing and other issues
- None at the moment.
Things to resolve prior to graduation
- Make a release.
- Grow the community some more.
Signed off by mentor: ...