The common container is a lightweight gadget-and-container framework.
For container clients, this is aimed to:
- simplify container and gadget integration model.
- provide near-zero barrier to entry to become a gadget container.
- directly fix problems in all containers, instead of per-container basis.
- reduce changes and differences across containers.
For the Shindig-based team, this is aimed to:
- place a localized control of gadget-and-container interaction.
- clearly separates gadget-and-container interaction from container-specific logic.
- allow security, latency, and functionality changes simultaneously in both gadget and container.
Some features are, but not limited to:
- versioned JS loading.
- navigation of gadgets (pop-in and -out on page).
- latency timing broadcasting.
- hooks for gadget+container RPC functionalities.
- pre-loading of gadgets.
- security token refresh.