Apache ACE is a software distribution framework that allows you to centrally manage and distribute software components, configuration data and other artifacts to target systems. ACE started incubation on April 24th 2009.
There are currently no issues requiring board or Incubator PMC attention.
- Angelo made a talk about massive device deployment and Karl and Marcel did a tutorial about ACE in the Cloud at the upcoming EclipseCon / OSGi DevCon.
- We're gathering EclipseCon / OSGi DevCon feedback to populate the roadmap and raise the corresponding Jira.
- A lot of work has been done on the build to fully support Maven 3.
- We started to work on the documentation also.
- Use of Apache Karaf as default runtime is in progress.
- Cloud extensions based on jclouds have been added, including a new launcher.
Licensing and other issues
- None at the moment.
Things to resolve prior to graduation
- We created a SVN maven repo waiting for some Felix dependencies release.
- Make a release.
- Grow the community some more.
Signed off by mentor: ...