How to do releases?
- A Guide to Release Management During Incubation has details for Apache requirements.
ToDo's for the first Apache OpenOffice release:
- create a EOL message for the binfilters
- generate writing without too much and deep technical stuff
- AOO 3.4 will be the last release with read/write support for the old binary file format
- with the next release it will not be possible to read or write these kind of files
- alternatives are:
- use the XML-based ODF file formats
- keep the AOO 3.4 release as long as no migration plan was setup
- as fallback there are still older, non-Apache releases in the archive (link)