MRUnit is a Java library that helps developers unit test Apache Hadoop
MapReduce jobs. Unit testing is a technique for improving project quality
and reducing overall costs by writing a small amount of code that can
automatically verify the software you write performs as intended. This is
considered a best practice in software development since it helps identify
defects early, before they're deployed to a production system.
- The last release of Apache MRUnit was version 0.9.0-incubating, released on
May 12, 2012 while in Incubation.
- No new releases are planned currently for the project.
- Board report was submitted late. My apologies.
- Development activity continues as can be seen from the following report:
- 13 JIRAs were resolved in the last month
- Mail traffic is largely on the DEV list. August messages on dev: 123, messages on user 6
- Two new committers have been voted in
- Work continues on MRUNIT-69 which is a new/easier to use API
- The composition of the committers and PMC members has not changed since
the last report.
- Currently there are:
- Total of 25 subscribers to the developer list.
- Total of 34 subscribers to the user list.
- Total of 10 committers
- Total of 10 PMC members
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.