CXF DOSGi in Apache Karaf
Since version 1.4.0 of CXF DOSGi there is a feature for Apache Karaf which makes installing DOSGi really easy. Using the descriptions below a working demo should be up in less than 10 minutes.
Download and unpack Apache Karaf
- Download apache karaf
- Copy etc/jre.properties.cxf to etc/jre.properties -> This is needed in karaf 2.2.x to adjust the system package exports so CXF can install correctly
- Unpack and start it
CXF DOSGi does not work with Karaf 2.3.0. Please use at least Karaf 2.3.1.
Installation of CXF-DOSGi
Create config "etc/org.apache.cxf.dosgi.discovery.zookeeper.cfg" with the following content:
Installation of the zookeeper Server
Create config "etc/org.apache.cxf.dosgi.discovery.zookeeper.server.cfg" with the following content:
Test installation with greeter demo
log:display should show the greeter service being exported:
Access the service transparently from a second container
- Unpack karaf in a second directory and also start it.
- Do the installation steps from "Installation of CXF-DOSGi"
- Install a client to a service that is published in the first container.
- DOSGi will automatically install a proxy for you service that calls the published service remotely over CXF