MRUnit is a Java library that helps developers unit test Apache Hadoop
MapReduce jobs. Unit testing is a technique for improving project quality
and reducing overall costs by writing a small amount of code that can
automatically verify the software you write performs as intended. This is
considered a best practice in software development since it helps identify
defects early, before they're deployed to a production system.
- The last release of Apache MRUnit was version 0.9.0-incubating, released on
May 12, 2012 while in Incubation.
- MRUnit is currently working on a 1.0.0 release.
- Development activity continues as can be seen from the following report:
- 20 JIRAs were resolved since September 1st
- Mail traffic is largely on the DEV list. Messages since Sept 1st: dev 299, user 85
- Dave Beech has stepped up as the 1.0.0 release manager.
- Work continues on MRUNIT-69 which is a new/easier to use API
- The composition of the committers and PMC members has not changed since
the last report.
- Currently there are:
- Total of 30 subscribers to the developer list.
- Total of 48 subscribers to the user list.
- Total of 10 committers
- Total of 10 PMC members
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.