MRUnit is a Java library that helps developers unit test Apache Hadoop
MapReduce jobs. Unit testing is a technique for improving project quality
and reducing overall costs by writing a small amount of code that can
automatically verify the software you write performs as intended. This is
considered a best practice in software development since it helps identify
defects early, before they're deployed to a production system.
- The last release of Apache MRUnit was version 0.9.0-incubating, released on
May 12, 2012 while in Incubation.
- MRUnit is currently working on a 1.0.0 release. All blockers are closed and the RM is working on building RC.
- Development activity has slowed while the project discussed how to support both Hadoop1/Hadoop2: http://s.apache.org/DUs
- Development activity continues as can be seen from the following report: http://s.apache.org/QO7
- 10 JIRAs were resolved since the last report.
- Mail traffic is largely on the DEV list. Messages since Dec 1st: dev 62, user 5
- The composition of the committers and PMC members has not changed since
the last report.
- Currently there are:
- Total of 34 subscribers to the developer list.
- Total of 52 subscribers to the user list.
- Total of 10 committers
- Total of 10 PMC members
- There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.