|Version||Timing||What's New||JIRA + Git Release Tag|
|2.7.3||Nov 2018||Maintenance Release for Ambari 2.7|
Maintenance Release for Ambari 2.7
- The Ambari UI, Ambari Server, and Ambari Agent have been significantly reworked to more efficiently handle large cluster management
- In order to more efficiently manage large clusters, the AMS schema has been updated, and metric aggregation has been improved.
- Updated default configurations, and configuration recommendations to ensure AMS is tuned well out of the box.
- Added support for easily adding and managing new HDFS namespaces.
- Added support for managing ViewFS mount table configuration.
- Added FreeIPA as a supported KDC implementation.
- Added support for a new Isilon Management Pack that can be used to easily install HDP on an existing Isilon OneFS implementation.
- Ambari Infra Solr now uses Solr 7.
- Amazon Linux is now a supported deployment platform.
- Commonly customized properties are now confgurable all in one place during the installation, making it much easier to quickly configure your installation.
- Added the ability for teams to quickly see who initiated operations like Add Service, Add Host, Enable HA, etc.
- Added the ability for teams to quickly see who performed operations like restarting services, etc.
- Made it easier to find hosts when adding services to a large cluster with many components deployed to it.
- Added the ability to bulk add and delete components to multiple hosts.
- Added the ability to delete hosts in bulk.
- Created a new API portal in the Ambari Server to quickly understand and try out the Ambari API. Navigate to http://ambari.server:8080/api-docs to view the portal.
- Made it easer to setup SSO for Ambari, Atlas, and Ranger.
- Protecting Zeppelin Notebook SSL credentials
- Setting appropriate HTTP headers for using Cloud Object Stores with HDP
- Conditionally Install LZO packages through Ambari (AMBARI-22457)
- Ambari Metrics System - Distributed mode with multiple Collectors (General Availability) (AMBARI-15901)
- Improvements in Host Recovery (Restart only), moving Masters with minimum impact and scale testing (AMBARI-21898, AMBARI-21929, AMBARI-21834)
|2.5.1||May 2017||Maintenance Release for Ambari 2.5|
|2.4.3||May 2017||Maintenance Release for Ambari 2.4|
- LLAP GA support via Ambari (AMBARI-18901)
- Ambari authentication with Kerberos token (AMBARI-18364)
- Support Offline Stack Upgrades In a Cluster (AMBARI-18634)
- Ambari Metrics System Distributed mode - multiple Collectors (Tech Preview) (AMBARI-15901)
- Service Auto Start support in Ambari (AMBARI-2330)
- Ambari scale testing on 2500 Agents (AMBARI-18731)
- Single API to download all client configs (AMBARI-19275)
- Support topN user and operations visualization for HDFS in AMS-Grafana (AMBARI-19320)
| ||November 2016||Maintenance Release for Ambari 2.4|
|2.4.1||September 2016||Maintenance Release for Ambari 2.4|
- Log Search Technical Preview (AMBARI-14927)
- Alert Retry Check Counts (AMBARI-15686)
- New Host Page Filtering (AMBARI-15210)
- Customizable Ambari Log + PID Directories (AMBARI-15300)
- Role-Based Access Control (AMBARI-13977)
- Remove Service (AMBARI-14759)
|2.2.1||February 2016||Maintenance Release for Ambari 2.2|
Blueprints API (Tech Preview
|Maintenance Release for Ambari 2.1|
|2.1.1||August 2015||Maintenance Release for Ambari 2.1|
|2.0.2||August 2015||Maintenance Release for Ambari 2.0|
Ambari Stacks: HDP
|2.0.1||May 2015||Maintenance Release for Ambari 2.0|
|November 2014||Core Platform|
- Ubuntu support
- Ambari Views framework
- Ambari Administration
- Management of users/groups
- Management of view instances
- Management of cluster permissions
- Cancel/Abort background operation requests
- New Host Check: THP (Transparent Huge Pages)
- Download Service client configs
- Expose Ambari UI for config versioning, history and rollback
- Ability to manage -env.sh configuration files
- Ability to set configuration properties as <final>
- Migration "Jobs" tab into a "Jobs View" (e.g deliver as part of Views framework)
- Recommendations and validations (via a "Stack Advisor")
- Export service configurations via Blueprint
Capabilities specific to HDP Stacks
- Install + Manage Flume
- Capacity Scheduler queue refresh
- HDFS Rebalance (AMBARI-5934)
- Delete ZooKeeper Server host component
- ResourceManager HA
- New Host Checks
- Database Connection Test
- Simplified JDBC Driver Setup
- Stack Repository Mgmt via Ambari Web
- Bug Fixes
- Add support for PostgreSQL DB (Ambari, Oozie, Hive Metastore)
- Ambari Blueprints
- Add support for HDP 2.1 Stack
- Maintenance Mode
- Rolling Restarts
- Bulk Host Operations
- Service and Component Restarts
- Decommission TTs, NMs, RSs
- Add Service
- Customize ZooKeeper Configs
- Refresh Client Configs
- Default JDK 7
- Configuration Groups
- Staged Configuration Changes
- Ambari DB MySQL support
- Reassign masters
- Secondary NameNode
- HBase Multi-Master
- Simplified local repository setup
- Better host controls
- Start/stop all host components
- Delete host
- Add clients to existing hosts
- Background Operations dialog off option
- Hadoop-2 stack support
- Enable NameNode HA
- Add ZooKeeper servers
- Manage Kerberos secure cluster
- Security Enhancements
- Setup Ambari server HTTPS
- Master Key property encryption
- Optional server-agent SSL communication
- Optional Ganglia and Nagios SSL
- Customize Dashboard widgets
- Improved service controls
- Start/stop all services
- Better service status indicators
- Expanded host checks during install
- Ambari server can run as non-root users as well
- Sudoer user ability for Ambari agent SSH
- Hive Metastore Oracle DB support
- Oozie Oracle DB and MySQL DB support
- Ambari DB Oracle support
- Customizable user accounts
- Stack selection page during install
- Ability to add/remove custom configs (including core-site.xml)
- New heatmap metrics
- Host CPU Wait I/O %
- HBase RegionServer Metrics
- Mixed OS support
- CentOS can be mixed with RHEL. (Version 5 and 6 can be mixed)
- Add host components
- Filter hosts by status
- Customizable Ganglia user account
- Customizable Hive Metastore Log and PID directories